This document refers to Personal Data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of Data Subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of Personal Data, protection against the unlawful processing of Personal Data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Davies Odell Ltd is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
Who we are
Davies Odell Ltd is a manufacturer and distributor of protection equipment, matting and footwear components.
Davies Odell Ltd uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information, which the company believes, may be of interest to you and your business (please see Legitimate Interests section below).
Some Personal Data may be collected about you from forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Davies Odell Ltd may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. Davies Odell Ltd may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information Davies Odell Ltd holds about you and your business encompasses details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources such as credit referencing agencies. Davies Odell Ltd will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with our services, we will not sell or broker your data, although there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Davies Odell Ltd has obtained from a third-party, in line with GDPR compliance.
Legal basis for processing any Personal Data
Davies Odell Ltd takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
Legitimate interests pursued by Davies Odell Ltd.
Our legitimate interest is to promote the products and services we provide. From time to time we would like to contact you with details of these products and services.
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which include, some or all, of the following:
• Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of the customer.
• To identify and prevent fraud.
• To enhance the security of our networks and information systems.
• To better understand how customers interact with our social media and web sites.
• To provide postal communications which we think will be of benefit and interest to you.
• To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and our advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we keep your Personal Data rights in the highest regard and uphold your data protection rights under current UK legislation.
You have the right to object to this processing at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact our Data Controller.
Through agreeing to this Privacy Notice you are consenting to Davies Odell Ltd processing your Personal Data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing or by phoning 01933 410818 or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Davies Odell Ltd may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The company may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Davies Odell Ltd, its customers and/or the wider community.
Davies Odell Ltd will process Personal Data during the duration of any business relationship with the company during which we provide products and services. We will continue to store only the Personal Data needed for five years to meet any legal obligations. After five years any Personal Data not needed, will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom. Davies Odell Ltd does not store Personal Data outside the European Economic Area.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst Davies Odell Ltd is in possession of or processing your Personal Data, all Data Subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
If Davies Odell Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Davies Odell Ltd, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Davies Odell Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the Data Controller, where applicable (please see below).
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Davies Odell Ltd.
• The categories of Personal Data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
• Whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the Personal Data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of Personal Data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what Personal Data is held, identification will be required -
Davies Odell Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your Personal Data is requested: a copy of your driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Davies Odell Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before Personal Data can be released.
All requests should be made to the Data Controller (01933 410818) or writing to us at the address below.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your Personal Data is being processed by Davies Odell Ltd, you have the right to complain to the Davies Odell Ltd Data Controller. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Davies Odell Ltd
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or email: